I’ve spent yesterday strolling around Regent Street and Oxford Street here in London – not really to buy anything but to have a look around, see new collections etc. I found a few nice wallpapers and fabrics in House of Fraser and ordered free samples (I might use it with my next assignment, part of which is to create a sample board). In Zara Home, nothing show-stopping this time.
…and then I went into Habitat and remembered why I love this shop so much🙂 Seriously, I could live in one of their displays and would happily get anything from that place so if you are looking for a present for me, don’t hesitate anymore! :))
Ok, so here are some of the finds from this trip – and all of them under £100 – most of them well under!
First some lamps.
- First – two lamps presenting the super-hot industrial design; both will add sharpness to the home office, living room or minimalist bedroom:
- How fresh is that! Simple yet delivers the style. Look out for tealight holder of the same design. The lamp below boasts similar take on the shape.
- Did I say the lamps above were simple? Well… simple that! Perfect for complementing geometric wallpapers.
- So that no one thinks Habitat is too serious, this cute flower lamp will be great for a funky take on romanticism:
- (no description required for Boontje’s design, is there?)
- Do candleholders count as lamps? Well, they definitely count as light sources, which works for me. Check out this stylized object which is 1m high!
…And you won’t believe what they’ve done at the shop – they used around 20 of those candleholders in transparent glass, put LED lightbulbs in them and hung them upside-down from the ceiling at various heights, forming a very dramatic take on the bubble lamps we just discussed. What a view – shame I didn’t have my camera!
- Finally, Klara was just fun to move its arms around in various angles🙂
And now to coffee and side tables.
- I love love love, for the obvious reasons of lightness, versatility and adaptability to small spaces – and price! £69.
- More expensive but very original – the Shuffle:
- How pretty is that! The intricate ornaments will work perfectly with next year’s trends for artisanry:
- I do love multifunctional items🙂 This cube is not only a table, it is also a lightbox🙂
How can one not love Habitat?
Chodzilam sobie wczoraj po Regent Street i Oxford Street, zbierajac probki tapet i materialow do mojego kolejnego zadania i rozgladajac sie za nowymi kolekcjami. Weszlam do Habitat… i od razu przypomnialam sobie dlaczego kocham ten sklep! Normalnie moglabym w nim zamieszkac, a jezeli ktos szuka dla mnie prezentu, to dylemat rozwiazany🙂
Powyzej przedstawiam wczorajsze znaleziska w dwoch kategoriach – oswietlenie i stoliki. Zgodnie z moja idea ‘organiczonego budzetu’, wszystko, co pokazuje powyzej kosztuje do 100 funtow, a wiele z nich nawet sporo mniej.
Kilka typow? Industrialne klimaty zaprezentowane przez pierwsze lampy i stoliki; minimalistyczny ale bardzo kreatywny design w postaci kolejnych ‘skreconych’ lampek; wariacje na temat romantyzmu w kwiatowych swiatlach i drewnianym azurowym stoliku; niebanalny pomysl w szescianie Mr Woo bedacym i stolikiem, i swiatlem (swieci od wewnatrz), no i moj niesmiertelny Namber Lan – czyli zestaw trzech stolikow, za ich elastycznosc i lekkosc.