OK – so I’m finally back from my day of window-shopping (well, not exactly – I actually bought some side plates, two books on design and color, and hand cream!). First, let me share with you the furniture side of my IKEA findings.
– a space-saving solution for small kitchens. Also, table top is bought separately so one can get a bigger one if space permits:
– one of the more stylish double desks I have seen on the high street (and it is not easy to find a desk for two…)
– an interesting dining table ‘for surfers’ as my husband called it :). Not sure what the name is though…
– …and that’s how the Bernhard chair looks in reality – was very comfy as well!
– nice idea for kitchen fronts – in wide-and-glossy units-dominated kitchens, this vertical beech set provides a welcome change:
– Now the tricky part – what the hell is this wallpaper / material on the wall? I thought I’ll find it in the online catalogue but there are no matches to ‘wallpaper’ and I am pretty sure it is one, as it reflected light when photographed with flash. Really pretty French country style, with roses and birds… anyone knows?? I attach a magnified view of the design as well. HELP! I see it in my mother’s bedroom and I need it desperately and why oh why have I not asked anyone of the staff?!
– …and finally to lamps / shades. I have chosen three of the new designs that seemed most interesting:
That’s it for now. To follow – some nice fabrics I found, as well as a few finds from another shop 🙂